Launch your career with U-SAVE MOVING AND STORAGE as a mover and discover the job opportunities for growth into a mover/driver position. At U-SAVE MOVING AND STORAGE your job opportunities for growth are endless.
As a mover, you will have a partner and together you provide a world class customer service experience in the handling of each customer’s possessions. This position provides a unique opportunity for those looking to combine general labor with their customer service talents
We are a fully licensed and insured moving company in Lansing, and we are hiring!
Our compensation is extremely competitive, and movers get tipped! Because of this, we are selective in our recruiting process.
The following are required to be considered for an interview:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 21 yrs old
- Prior moving, van line, furniture delivery, or large package delivery is a plus but not necessary
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional attitude and demeanor and appearance
- Experience in the fields of general labor, landscaping, construction or warehouse helpful
- Strong logic and mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division using whole numbers and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of dollars, weight measurement, volume, distance and time)
- Stamina to lift heavy items (200 lbs or more) repeatedly while climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, walking, etc.
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Valid chauffeur’s license and DOT medical card with a good driving record
- Willing and able to pass a criminal and driving background check and drug-screen prior to employment
A qualified candidate has the following characteristics:
- Full Time Availability – we are not currently hiring seasonal or part time workers.
- Toughness – the job is physically exhausting. Moving for 10 or more hours with nothing but a short lunch break is a regular occurrence. You have to be able to keep up with the demands of the workplace.
- Flexibility – this is not a 9-5. You show up to work, you work until the job(s) is done, and then you go home. Some days you will work 15 hours, some you will not work at all. You must be available on weekends and holidays (except for Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas.)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Professionalism and the ability to interact positively with customers
How to apply
If you are interested, please attach your cover letter and résumé and email to email@example.com and in the subject line put “moving job”
Looking for a dynamic hard working individual that can assume a leadership role in my burgeoning company that is willing to do what it takes to take this company to the next level and beyond. Must be confident and be able to handle stress and demands well.
Office Assistant Job Duties:
* Serves as receptionist; answering phones; forwarding messages; receiving faxes;
* Accepts mail/packages and forwards through proper channels;
* Serves as secretary; typing membership memos; meeting agendas;
* Coordinates sales and promotion;
* Coordinates Human Resources and policies;
* Handles monthly bills through use of QuickBooks; Plus running financial reports, etc.
* Creates and maintains systems the help the business run smoothly.
* Can be charge of HR, Sales/Promotion and Finance.
Office Assistant Skills and Qualifications Required:
Office Experience – General, Scheduling, Telephone Skills, Typing, Documentation Skills, Meeting Planning, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Dependability, Attention to Detail, Administrative Writing Skills, QuickBooks knowledge required. Excel and other Microsoft tools required or Open Office. Must be able to work independently and must be able to handle a lot in little time.
Hours are part time. 10 to 20 hours per week or more. More hours will be added based on workload and season. Will pay between $15-$20/hr depending on experience and skills.
How to Apply:
Send Resume and cover letter to to firstname.lastname@example.org, Write “HR” in the subject line.